Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

What is Cerebral Cavernous Malformations?

What is she talking about? 

Cerebral Cavernous 

Malfor-What's-It-now?

 

Yeah, that was our initial reaction in 2010 when the neurologist walked in the waiting room and dropped that "bomb"on us.


In honor of National Developmental Delay Awareness Month, I thought I would share a little about my son's condition...


I have had many people ask me about Izak's condition, at times his symptoms mimic autism, other times cerebral palsy, and others ADD ADHD. Yet he has none of these disorders and his symptoms aren't always apparent. The best I can explain is it's like he has many aneurysms in a circular pattern in his brain- though it is similar, technically CCM is not the same. To avoid giving you a "glazed over expression on your face" here's some slides I created to give you an idea of what Izak has and what we all face.



Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires



 

No comments:

Post a Comment