These are such AWESOME tasting cookies!! I am really NOT so much of a fan of the chocolate no-bakes and these are similar to them only richer. I found them on a recipe site years ago and I have tweaked the recipe to fit our family's taste over the years, still one of my no-fail cookie recipe, I hope you will like it!
You can make these healthier by making these with raw honey in place of sugar. I always use natural peanut butter so even if I do use sugar in place of raw honey these are a step above regular cookies anyway with protein from peanut butter and oatmeal goodness!
- 2 &1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Measure oatmeal, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla into a large crock(shatter & heat proof) bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a rapid boil and boil for one full minute. START timing AFTER the syrup comes to a rapid boil that you can't stir down.
- Remove from heat and pour the syrup over Peanut Butter-oatmeal mixture and begin to stir.
- Stir until the mixture begins to cool.You can tell by looking at the mixture that it is ready to drop.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool until set.
These freeze gr8 are quick and east to make, can make these last minute for kids' bake sales, company dropping by unexpectedly (Keep them in the freezer for that), plus quick to make for pot lucks dinners!
Linked to weekend potluck dinners,