Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge NO-Bake Cookies!!

These are such AWESOME tasting cookies!! I am really NOT so much of a fan of the chocolate no-bakes and these are similar to them only richer. I found them on a recipe site years ago and I have tweaked the recipe to fit our family's taste over the years, still one of my no-fail cookie recipe, I hope you will like it!

 

You can make these healthier by making these with raw honey in place of sugar. I always use natural peanut butter so even if I do use sugar in place of raw honey these are a step above regular cookies anyway with protein from peanut butter and oatmeal goodness!

 

Ingredients

  • 2 &1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Directions

  1. Measure oatmeal, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla  into a large crock(shatter & heat proof) bowl.
  2.  In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and milk. 
  3. Bring to a rapid boil and boil for one full minute. START timing AFTER the syrup comes to a rapid boil that you can't stir down.
  4. Remove from heat and pour the syrup over Peanut Butter-oatmeal mixture and begin to stir.
  5. Stir until the mixture begins to cool.You can tell by looking at the mixture that it is ready to drop.
  6. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool until set. 
Makes 48 smallish cookies or 2 dozen rather large ones. 

These freeze gr8 are quick and east to make, can make these last minute for kids' bake sales, company dropping by unexpectedly (Keep them in the freezer for that), plus quick to make for pot lucks dinners! 

Linked to weekend potluck dinners, 
 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing these to Weekend Potluck!
    Printing right now!
    Hugs, Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound fabulous! I came here to thank you for linking up at Weekend Potluck...and see that Tonya beat me to it. =) Please come again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww ty ladies, we LOVE these "cookies" though they are kinda like a candy...I think they are waaaay better than the original no bake cookies...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leesy, Just wanted to give you heads up that I will be featuring your recipe as my personal pick at Weekend Potluck this Friday! YAY :)
    Hugs,
    Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    www.4littlefergusons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! That is fantastic news!! TY!! It is one of my easiest and most flavorful desserts, it freezes nicely too!

      You should see my 4 yr old daughter eat these, it is hysterical, you would think this was her first meal in days or it was chateaubriand.

      Delete
  5. Hi there, I just made these yesterday and they taste wonderful! I just wanted to ask you about them setting, as mine are slightly dry to the touch on top but are still mostly globs and can't really be picked up easily. Do yours hold a cookie shape when cooled/set? Just wondering if I went wrong somewhere. I dropped them on regular wax paper (non-absorbent), yours appear to be on paper that has soaked up liquid a bit. Mine do look the same though. They taste great, as I managed to eat quite a few anyways! I made a few less cookies than I could have when dropping them, and sat down with the spoon and the bowl! Thankyou, Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shauna!

      Glad u stopped by & tried these wonderful cookies! They do hold shape, sounds to me like perhaps they weren't brought to full rolling boil that you can't stir down & probably not cooked long enough?

      If they are dry to touch just not "set" in center, I really think a touch more cooking would set them. These are like making fudge & when you make fudge the temp has to be right or they won't set up, will be kinda like "globby" fudge sauce.

      The other thing is stirring them in the bowl long enough to ensure even distrubition of all ingredients. You can tell it's time to drop on wax paper by the "look" of mixture it starts to look less shiny, will start to get elastic but kind of more firm, holding it's shape when mixed.

      The paper is just wax paper sheets like they use in the deli department, they r cheaper than the ones on a roll. I think I had to double them up to fully cover the pan so that might be what u r seeing.

      I hope this helps & glad u still liked them, please let me know how your next batch turn out & check back often as I to add new recipes on Wed!

      Blessings,
      Leesy:)

      Delete
    2. Forgot I nearly always place cookies in freezer to hasten the setting phase, as I have tooooooooo MANY grabby hands around here & one BIG dog whose counter/table top height, half of the cookies won't be left by the time they are just right!

      Delete
  6. Hi again, thank you for such specific info and help!
    Blessings to you too, Shauna

    ReplyDelete