Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

4 year old Vintage Farm Girl Birthday Party

 I had so many ideas swimming around in my head and some definite requests from the birthday girl herself including a dessert bar with cake pops and a must have chocolate cake!

Portraits from Portrait Innovations
I found her gorgeous pillow case dress from an E-bay Vender boutique_littlesweetie. and her Steve Maddon boots were a steal from from Amazon  . I purchased my son's adorable appliqued shirt from Laurie of  BittyBundlesofJoy  who customized my shirt using my ideas, she was a joy to work with. Amazingly she made & shipped the shirt within 4 days! 

Everything else I made myself from invites to  food and decorations. I used my Cricut Expression & Old West Cartridge to customize all the decor pieces.
 Trifold Card I  hand made myself. I couldn't find the Bandana print paper so I made it myself.



The Favor bags I made out of an upcycled grocery bags and scrap laser printer paper and jute rope

  I "westernized" the menu with authentic western slag and terms for each menu item. We had full, lush and fresh Food Buffet included Barb-B-Q Chickabiddies {aka Chicken}, Campfire Beans and so on... 

I  used stainless steel serving dishes, white and vintage pieces like a coke crate, mini wash tubs, and candle holder. I used raffia around the food buffet to continue with the western cow girl feel.
Fruit Kabobs I made, some were eaten before the pic was taken as were some of my mom's deviled "hen fruit" aka eggs.

The tags were cut from Old West Cricut Cartridge and I also included part of the invite in the fruit kabobs.
I really tried to keep this as green and to upcycle as much as I could, even the bunting was upcyceld grocery bags and paper scraps from other paper projects! The exposed beams of the party barn really helped to give this western, farm girl party its cow girl feel!




The dessert Bar was filled with:
Red Velvet Cake Pops...........Red Velvet Lassos
Rich Sour Cream Devil's Food
Cake with Caramel-Choc Chips Trifle.....Diablos's Trifle
Cherry Pie Pops.....................Cherry Flap Jacks
White Cake with
Vanilla Frosting......................Old West Mini Cake







 


I hand made the mini bunting attaching the bunting to kebobs skewers. Vintage Horses from my childhood adorned the base of a punch bowl my husband & I received as a wedding gift 18 years ago acting as a trifle bowl. The mare candle was from Oriental Trading Company.com  

 Cake Pops I made with Red Velvet Cake Mix, Cream Cheese Frosting and Vanilla Coating.
 
As guests arrived they were deputized, given a hand made western star red bandana, and straw western hat. I took pictures of them sitting on an authentic saddle and bale of hay. I made a wanted poster I will insert the pics into as part of a thank you card.
Customized Center pieces made in the Birthday girl's likeness. We filled clear buckets with raffia and tied on white, black, and red balloons.


Pin the tail on the Bucking Bronco. The kids had a gr8 time playing and we had a 3 way tie!
 I taught the kids to sign "Happy Birthday" even using the birthday girl's name.  We had all the kids using American Sign Language in under 1 minuted then we taught the adults...that was pretty funny to watch the adults struggle, the kids got a kick out being able to teach the adults for a change. We had some fast learners who even practiced signing when they were playing!
For the gift table I used a antique hand made crazy quilt made in the 1900's covering a vintage 1950's stereo. I found this quilt in a travel trunk left to us by an ancestor on my husband's side, I used it to give the party a cozy and "homey feel"I also framed the invitation and placed authentic horse shoes in various places on the gift table & around the room.

The birthday girl was so excited to play with her friends and cousins and can't wait to help plan her 5th birthday party

Linked to Raising Homemakers , 30 DAYS HOMEMADE,

No comments:

Post a Comment