This sauce is SOOO Good, it comes with a warning!
We were all taking soo many samples before it was heated through, that a 1/4 of it was gone before dinner time!!
Be sure to guard your sauce while it cooks. And, SHH! Don't tell the kids there are vegetables cooked alongside the tomatoes, it will be our little secret!
3 Lbs Tomato Puree
2Lbs Crushed Tomato
2Lbs Ground Beef
10 Oz Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Lg Yellow Onion Diced
2 Lg Carrots Shredded
1 Stalk Celery Finely Diced
1 Red pepper Finely Diced
2-3 T of Crushed Dried Oregano
1-2 T Brown Sugar (According to Taste)
3-6 Cloves are garlic finely grated on a micro-plane, (According to Taste)
Coarse Ground Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
- In a heavy bottom large dutch oven brown ground beef and add veggies. Saute until beef over medium heat until cooked through, browned, and veggies are softened.
- Drain Grease and Add Brown Sugar.
- Combine tomato puree and crushed tomatoes adding to Dutch Oven, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle in Oregano, S & P, and grate Garlic over sauce. Stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Turn heat to simmer and stir often.
- The sauce is finished when heated thru, about 20-30 min.
For Deeper and richer flavor allow to simmer several hours over lowest heat setting and better the next day!
We LOVE to serve this Bolognese Sauce over homemade pappardelle pasta, fresh French baguettes that have been charred under the broiler and rubbed with a cut fresh garlic clove, and rounding out the mean with a baby spinach salad sprinkled with feta cheese and toasted almonds and dressed with Balsamic and EVOO vinaigrette.