Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teach me Tuesdays: BEAUTY DAY!!

Today I will focus my attention of my skin care regimen

I have heard about using oils for cleansers and I all ready use an olive oil based cleanser which my dry & sensitive skin loves. SO no real tweaking until I run out then I will be making my own version.

I have some recipes I will be trying out soon:
  • olive oil 
  • castor oil, 
  • jojoba oil 
  • in 1/3 proportions.

But today I focused on my facial scrub, mask and moisturizer.

Recipe mine, pic from this site
Facial Sugar Scrub:
  • Castor Oil
  • Tamanu Oil
  • Rosehip Oil
  • Sugar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  1. I use a castor oil base scrub bc it gives you the most cleansing & dissolving bang for your buck. It’s also highly antibacterial in nature, along with tamanu and rosehip seed oil (These both are quite pricey and I don't typically use them for a scrub since it doesn't rest on the skin for very long, but they both have limited shelf life and I need to use them up)  
Both tamanu and rosehip oils are healing and regenerative, they DO need a carrier oil so castor works as a carrier (base) oil for this as well.
  1. I used oils 1/3 portions. 
  2. NEXT I added sugar- 2 parts oil blend to 1 part sugar
I LOVE they way my skin feels, I might be using the rosehip and tamanu on a regular basis, as long as I have these oils at least.
There are other essential oils I can add like:
  • lavender, 
  • helicrysum, 
  • myhrr, 
  • rose 
All good for the regenerative qualities since I am nearly into my 40's I am into regenerating my skin as much as possible, especially in my sun damaged areas.
I am quite pleased with my scrub, so I turn my attentions to my mask. I am really into cleansing clays for my masks, I have tried the green french and Benoite clays, but I don't have oily or problematic skin so I opted to try Rhassoul clay from Morocco. Click this link to learn more about this amazing clay.

My Rhoussoul Mask with customized Oil Serum:
  • I used 1T clay & 2/3- 1/2 C helichrysum/Lavender/Lemon Balm(Melissa) hydrosol or distilled water to make a creamy semi-liquidy paste. 
  •  I add small drops of hydrosol at a time and watch as it absorbs the clay to get the proportions just right to properly hydrate the clay. 
  •  I made a Jojoba(for added toning affects), tamanu, & rosehip seed oil serum that I added an essential oil blend with lavender, helichrysum, rose and myrrh powder blend to lay directly onto my skin under the mask so it would ionize into my skin
  • Then a layer of the clay mask directly over
  • It gets really tight as is dries, so it really tones and pushes/ionizes the precious oil blend into my skin.
For my night time moisturizer I have been using extra virgin coconut oil with added essential oils:  
  • lavender, 
  • helichrysum, 
  • rose, 
  • and patchouli
  • the standard is 7-10 drops per tablespoon. 
My day moisturizer varies, sometimes I just use an oil blend bc my nighttime cream is so rich I barely need anything during the day, I mainly use oil to protect my skin from pollutants.


That is my skin care regimen right now and it works!
I love the customizing aspect of making it myself
There are times your skin needs more hydrating than other times or needs more balancing other times-so I only mix small batches at time, it keeps it fresh and allows me to customize as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/22/12-Update on Rhossoul Clay mask:  
I have to say that within one use my skin feels velvety soft like when I have a micro-dermabrasion treatment. And within 2 weeks of use- The jaw line is more defined, the sun damaged areas on my cheeks look less pronounced as well. Amazing skin texture, I would say it knocks off 5 years in a manner of 10-15 minutes. LOVE my rhossoul clay!!

10/1/12-Update on the EVCO Moisturizer: The flakiness that I typically have on my forehead and around my nose, gone, the texture like I said velvety soft, the "marionette lines" on either side of my mouth are much less noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment