Found this on Angie's Big Love of Food,
I have tried several of her recipes and I really like them ALL...
I bet this one will be a great one too! Gonna try this for one of my freeze sessions breakfast edition!
|Does this LOOK Fabulous or WHAT??|
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Top with 1/2 C Blackberry Jam
Preheat oven to 350F. Line & spray an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper (nonstick foil).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together add oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add melted butter and stir together til crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Place remaining mixture firmly in the bottom of a parchment lined dish. Place pan in oven for approximately 12 minutes, until crust sets.
Prepare peanut butter filling:
- In bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter, egg, salt and beat til incorporated
- I swirled mine in
- just slightly or you could microwave it for a few seconds to make it easier to spread. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Place it the oven for 30 minutes until top is browned.
- Allow this to cool.
- Once cool, place in fridge for about an hour to let it completely set up before serving.
- Lift it out of the pan by the ends of the parchment paper & place it on a cutting board.
- Best served at room temperature.
Makes up to 16 bars