This is such an incredible chicken dish, the caramelized onions with a hint of sage really brightens this dish.
It reminds me of Chicken Bruschetta from Applebee's...
Tell me what you think!
|This is Ree Drummond's pic, looks closest to mine- only this is MY recipe I am posting!|
- 4 lg bs chicken breast, defrosted if need be & split in half
- 1/2 C a-p flour
- 1 t dried ground sage
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t fresh cracked pepper
- 1-2 T EVOO (I use garlic infused)
- 1/4 C-1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Butter
- 8-16 OZ angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 10-oz white mushrooms, sliced (about 3 Cups)
- 2 Med cloves of garlic, grated or minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 -1 red onion thinly sliced
- In lg skillet Heat oil over med-high heat Add onions and saute until softened about 2 min. Add Mushrooms and garlic and cook stirring often until veggies are softened and lightly caramelized, about 10-15 min. Remove from heat; set aside and cover with foil to remain hot/warm.
- Rinse chix breast halves under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. On a cutting board, cut each piece in half again. Place between sheets of wax paper, gallon zip lock bag or 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin, smooth part of meat mallet, or anything that you have on hand to flatten the chicken to 1/4" thickness.
- In a bowl combine flour, sage, salt, & pepper. Dredge chix pieces in mixture, shaking off excess. Sit on plate and allow for 15 min so the coating has a chance to adhere to chicken.
- In a large skillet heat 1-2 T of EVOO and 1 T Butter over med heat. Cook Chicken pieces until cooked through and lightly browned on each side, about 2-3 min per side add additional butter and evoo as needed. Transfer to place and cover to keep warm.
- Add Balsamic vinegar to skillet increase heat to med-high and cook, stirring to loosen any brown bits from bottom and sides of pan-about 1 min.
- Return Chicken and pan juices to skillet and reduce to low, turning medallions once or twice to baste them in sauce.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet with vegetables tossing ot combine; warm over low heat until heated through, about 4 min.
- Transfer pasta and vegetables to platter and arrange the chicken over top of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges if desired.
- I under-cook the pasta, only basically softening the pasta especially when using Angel hair it will get gummy textured upon reheating.
- I will cook the dish up to serving.
- Allow to cook and place in a gallon freezer bag lay flat to freezer then place in the freezer baskets facing up, like old LP's back in the day so it is easy to flip through various meals in that basket/crate.