We just LOVE our potato salad around here! In fact, the caramelized onion and bacon potato salad is one
of the highest rated recipes on The MotherHOOD!!
As it is often stated "Necessity is the mother of invention." A necessity brought about an invention: My VAST collection of dips mixes was about to expire & since they get all weird & clumpy when that happens...I thought,
CILANTRO & JALAPENO POTATO SALAD
~You could use any dip mix you have: Garlic, Bacon & Sundried Tomato, Dill, Ranch, Chipotle Bacon....the possibilities are as endless as your pantry contents!
1 Pkg Dip mix
1-2 Cup Mayonaise
1-2 Sour Cream
5 Lbs cubed Red Skin Potatoes, cubed and cooked until fork tender
Salt and Pepper
- Place cubed potatoes in WELL SALTED water that has come to a full rolling boil. Cook until fork tender.
- Turn off heat & Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Drain well and place potatoes back in the hot pan to help further eliminate any moisture. You want the potatoes DRY, not water logged!
- Combine mayo & sour cream well. Sprinkle in the contents of dip mix of choice and incorporate all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Once potatoes have cooled but are still warm gently fold the potatoes in with the dip mix.
Place in a serving dish for dinner tonight...
Or allow to cool to room temp
and place in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy at your gathering.
ENJOY your Tasty Potato Salad