Even esteemed botanist Linnaeus is quoted in study journals as using the wild berries to treat gout.
Leaves, Berries, Roots are known to be used for therapeutic uses
The leaves and roots of the Wild Strawberries contain tannin (like Camila plant aka tea!) that act like an astringent. The leaves are also contain titerpene alcohols, flavonoids, citral, and traces of vitamin C (60 grams/100 gr of fruit!) along with fruit acids, and minerals (Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, & Iron!!)
Leaves: Can be used for a tea bc of the astringent action to reduce inflamed mucus membranes
Fresh Root Decoction:
- 1 gram Wild Strawberry Root to about 1/2 C of cold FILTERED water
- Heat over a double boiler and allow to steep for 20-30 min
- Add 1/2 Chopped Fresh Wild Strawberry Leaves to 1/2 C BOILING FILTERED water
- Steep for 30 min.
- Use gargle and rinse mouth several times a day to reduce inflammation of the mucus membranes, great to use during seasonal allergy season or anytime you experience oral inflammation of the mucus membranes
Sun Burn RELIEF
- Add 2 Palm-fuls of dried Wild Strawberry leaves to your tepid bath water.
- Dry your own or purchase at reputable Health Food Store
- Add Crushed Berries to sunburned areas or other skin inflammations and cover with damp cloth. Allow poultice to work for 10-20 min then GENTLY wash berries off with tepid water.