Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

Quick & Healthy Meal Plan Jan 11-17, 2016

Sooo...How was your first full week in the new year and that resolution to "clean up" your family's eating? 

Here is what I find happens to me nearly every year: I get extreme, eliminate all "unhealthy" food and snacks from the menu, pantry, fridge... and by the second week someone is "hoarding ho-hos" or sneaking in a trip or two a week to a fast-food joint!!!

This year I decided that to help my family succeed, I am including a few days a week for "comfort meals". My plan is to go minimally processed as possible and since I must watch my carbs if I included high carb side- I will double up on veggies and lean protein for my portion.

My plan for the next month is to include as much " #mealprep" as possible for lunch, breakfast and snacks. I have planned for dinners in this manner since 1996 so I will continue what works for my family in that area. Currently, I am doing a "theme" planning for dinners as follows:
  • Sunday: Comfort Meals
  • Monday: Meatless/Fish
  • Tuesday: Crockpot
  • Wednesday: Breakfast
  • Thursday: One Dish
  • Friday: "Fun" Food
  • Saturday: Pasta 
Breakfast Options:

Lunch Time Offerings:

Dinner Selections:

Monday:
Seared Fish & Capers w/ Greek Salad and Garlic Kale
Tuesday
CP- Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken over Heirloom Rice w/Roasted Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Mushrooms
Wednesday:
Sausage Gravy over homemade buttermilk biscuits and hashbrowns
Thursday
Friday:
BBQ CP Ribs w/Mac & Cheese, Veggie Salad and Roasted Lemon Asparagus
Saturday:
Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, and Basil over Angel Hair (Zucchini Spirals for me:-) w/Blackened Chicken Breast and Spinach Salad.

Linked to MenuMondays

No comments:

Post a Comment