I love this recipe, it is sooooooo delish!
Though this hardy chowder doesn't need it, you can add 1 Lb Diced smokey ham or 1 Lb left over moist chicken pieces and make your meat loving family even happier...
- 4 pieces bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 16oz frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 stock celery finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped, fine!
- 2 Cups GOOD Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1& 1/2 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1cup milk
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 T water
- Cook Bacon until crisp, and remove draining on paper towel.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and red pepper to bacon drippings and cook until fragrant and cooked through.
- Add stock to deglaze pan add contents excluding the last 4 to crock pot and cook on low 4-6 hours until potatoes are cooked through
- Add Shredded Cheese, Milk and cook until cheese is melted about 30 min
- Combine cornstarch and water- Whisk cornstarch slurry into Crock Pot
- Cook an additional 30 minutes
Ladle into bowls & sprinkle
Bacon and green onions on top.
Serve with artisan shaped bread and a mixed green salad