This recipe to me says "SUMMER" and right about now I am summer dreaming, so to have little summer on my plate brings sunshine to my belly!!
In a gallon sized plastic bag Place:
- A couple good drizzles of EVOO (about 2-3 t) enough to coat Chicken
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, squeeze half a lemon, 2 t dried oregano, onion and granulated garlic powder
- Allow to marinate over night.
- Or if freezing, freeze at this point and that overnight then continue with the rest of the directions...
- Drain Chicken and place in slow cooker, assemble the rest of ingredients up to capers in small bowl, mixing with spoon and pour over chicken.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 hours- add capers and cornstarch slurry last 30 min.
- If sauce not thick enough make a cornstarch slurry w/2 T cornstarch and 2 T water and mix into slow cooker and turn on high for last 30 min. Will thicken nicely.
~Slice Chicken in strips and serve over Rice Pilaf, salad greens, in pita with hummus, or penne pasta with extra sauce-just add more chicken stock and touch more lemon juice and oregano or add some hummus in would be thinned out by sauce slightly-might be tasty? Could also sprinkle with feta for nice touch!