Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Menu Mondays: Dec 24-30, 2012

I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest of New Years!! I can tell you that this is a MAJOR improvement from last year's Christmas/New Years.... We "affectionately" call that the 4 plagues of Christmas, we had Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease, Pink Eye, Roto Virus, and the Flu..AND my kids DO NOT go to day care but had been around family members who were exposed to all these illnesses and graciously passed it on to my family....So this year, MAJOR improvement!! 

I know a lot of families out there have specific fancy dinners at Christmas, I grew up with Pizza from Pizza Oven- a local joint in my area with killer pizza!!), Jo-Jo Broasted Potatoes, Broasted Chicken & Creamy Slaw...But my Hubby's family does a traditional dinner as does my dad's side. So I have some options in my menu for left over Ham. 

One day I am going to do the feast of the 7 fishes like the Italians do!!!


We are starting a tradition this year of making a birthday cake for Jesus Christmas Eve, I hope to do this every year to keep the kids' mind on the REASON we are celebrating!! 

On Christmas Morning I do a Big Breakfast Brunch, this year I will have it later in the morning this year as my children really love to open their gifts slowly and they are not early risers. 

I hate the feeling pressure to leave the living room and cook things, so I make a lot of the day before we head to my mom's side gathering and it is all set up. All I have to do is throw it in the oven and enjoy!!! 

Breakfast Options:
Hot Cereal, Toast Points, Fresh Fruit, Cold Cereal, Sausage links, Bacon, Peach French Toast, Sausage & Egg Strata, Smoothies

Lunch Choices:      Side Selections
PB&J Roll-Ups             Apple Rings     Carrots & Dippings
Tuna Salad Sammies   Veggie Chips      Grapes
Grilled Cheese             Cream O'Tom Soup  Oster Crackers
Fish Sticks                    Tator Tots          Orange Wedges
Hot Ham & Swiss Cheese Monte Cristo Sammies w/Sauteed  Mushrooms                   Veggie Sticks     Cottage Cheese
Homemade Spagheti'O's  Cheese Plate    Apple Slices
Sausage Strata                Fresh Fruit Plate   Celery Ant Logs
 

Supper Offerings:

Christmas EVE/Monday:
Pizza, Jo-Jo's Potatoes, Broasted Chix, Creamy Coleslaw, & Rolls
  • Make ahead- Mix up and place in Oven Containers:
  • Sausage, Egg, & Cheddar Cheese Strata, Peach French Toast, Cheesy Hash browns,  Yeasty Dinner Rolls, & Slice up Fresh Fruit Plate.

Christmas DAY/Tuesday:
  • Brunch: Sausage, Egg, & Cheddar Cheese Strata, Peach French Toast, Cheesy Hash browns & Fresh Fruit Plate{Made the day before in fridge)
  • Sausage Links, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs {Kept Warm in Rectangle Crock pot on low)
  • Later in Day: Spiral Sliced Ham Glazed w/Fruit Cocktail, Homemade Dinner Rolls and whatever is left over from brunch

Wednesday:

Cheddar Cheesy Ham & Potato Chowder, Yeasty Dinner Rolls, & Spinach Salad

Thursday:
Homemade Scalloped Ham & Thinly Sliced Potatoes


Friday:
Chicken Cordon Blue Stuffed Shells, Steamed Broccoli, Cheesy & Side Salad

Saturday:
Crustless Quiche w/Ham, Swiss Cheese, and  Mushrooms, Grilled Asparagus, Spinach Salad

Sunday:
Orange Chicken, Brown Rice and Stir-fried Veggies W/Side Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment