Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New Recipe Wed: Ooo La La Pumpkin Latte

Another fabulous Latte Make-Over ~ MotherHOOD style!

So I totally LOVE pumpkin, love those pumpkin lattes, however, I HATE the artificial chemicals found in that famous cafe specialty coffee place that charges you $5 for a cup of coffee... what is wrong with us? We pay big bucks to drink something that isn't even remotely natural???

I will step down from the pumpkin crate now and get on with the recipe... I had some pumpkin left over from making a fabulous cake found here and you know me-  I try to use every last scrap of whatever I am cooking with and repurpose it to another delicious treat. Same with this recipe and it does NOT disappoint, I believe it tastes like Liquid Pumpkin Pie!  



A mouthful of JOY!!!


This makes a whole pot and as I don't drink the whole pot I saved it to savor the flavor for a few days later. Unlike my Chai latte this is not as tasty cold as it is hot, the pumpkin has a texture that I am NOT thrilled with cold, but hot I didn't notice. 

I didn't brew the spices with the coffee grounds I added it when I "cooked" the pumpkin with scm so there is some settling after you brew it and let is sit {IF you have any left over that is!!}, so if this an issue with  you I wouldn't recommend this recipe for you. 

Remember the reason you don't have settling with those flavored coffee and creamers is 
bc most are chemicals and not natural... 

Just saying!

Pic credit


  • One pot {8 cups} of Coffee brewed as you normally do {I am partial to 4 T of hazelnut to 8 C water}
  • 1-2T cinnamon
  • 2 t all-spice
  • 1-2 t grated nutmeg
  • 1-2 t dried ground ginger
  • 1- 1 & 1/2 C pumpkin puree (NOT Pie Filling!!)
  • 1 can *sweetened condensed milk
 ------------------------------
  1. Over low heat, heat pumpkin w/scm until the milk & pumpkin are well blended and hot. 
  2. Stir in  the spices with a whisk until the spices are well incorporated into the pumpkin milk
  3. ADD to pot of coffee or pour coffee into the pan of heated pumpkin milk.
  4. DRINK as you normally would. I personally LOVE to SWIRL IN some steamed milk and grate nutmeg on top of a pipping hot mug!!
*IF you want to make this more low cal, you could use condensed milk for a similar richness then add stevia, like about 7 drops and you would have a decadent low cal/ high fiber delicious morning treat!

UPDATE 9/21/14: I recently saw a blog post where the blogger made the "pumpkin milk" pulsed in a blender to make smooth (you wouldn't have to cook then) and kept the milk in the fridge and made as needed. 

Interesting concept, then you could heat up the milk and add to fresh brewed coffee.. BTW- the pumpkin does sink to the bottom, if this is an issue for you, strain the pumpkin before adding to coffee or refrigerating...


No comments:

Post a Comment