Exclaimed my daughter yesterday as I came up with this from the tidbits left in the pantry and fridge...
You know what? I had no left overs and the kids were happy, I was happy, and it is tasty enough to place in the blog...
Tortillas, Mozzarella, Pepperoni, a bit of pizza sauce....and BLAMMO!!!
Lunch....she is served!!
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
5 oz Crushed Tomatoes
1/4-/1/2 t of brown sugar
S & P
Dash of Oregano- or to taste
- Pour Crushed Toms in a bowl and add sauce ingredients.
- Cover and set aside for 20-30 min for flavors to mingle.
- Place a 1/2 palmful of shredded Mozz in center of Tortilla
- Layer 4-8 pepperoni slices (Depending on the amount you have and your taste preferences)
- Fold the short ends in, like burritos (Cuz we're making Burritos!)
- Holding the short ends in with thumbs start rolling the long sides until completely rolled.
OPTIONS FOR COOKING:
- Secure with toothpick and deep fry in 350 degree oil until golden and delish!
- Pour enough high temp oil (WE LOVE grape seed oil- Garlic infused would be KILLER) in a large skillet to coat the bottom of pan. Heat until water bounces across the top, and place tortillas in seem side down. Cook until golden brown and lovely.
- Place in a Sandwich press (OUR FAVORITE SUPER QUICK WAY) and cook until golden
- Microwave 30 secs a pizza'ritto, (OK if in time crunch, but is a little soggy)
Linked to Weekend PotLuck