Saw this on a TV cooking show and thought this would be a great hit in my house with a few tweaks to make it mine.
My family just loves to find things "stuffed"
in their food;
like meatballs, cupcakes, burgers,
you name it!
Stuffed Marsala Chicken Breasts
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless
- 10 pkg frozen spinach defrosted
- 1- Lb Ricotta Cheese
- 16 Oz Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper Corns
- 1/4 t Capers
- Marsala wine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour enough EVOO to coat bottom of large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Sliced Crimini mushrooms & Red Onions in the hot skillet over medium heat, caramelizing the veggies.
- Season each breast with generously with salt & pepper,
- Season the flour with s&p, sprinkling of sage, & pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Slice the center of each breast, in center, not all the way through- just enough to stuff in yumminess!
- Dredge the breasts into the seasoned flour.
- Mix the defrosted and "squeezed" dry spinach with the ricotta cheese. Add a pinch of nutmeg freshly grated, sprinkling of dried sage, and season with s&p to taste.
- After mushroom and onions have rendered down season with s&p, remove from the pan and allow half to cool & keep half warm.
- Mix the cooled mushroom & onions with the ricotta mixture and stuff into the sliced breasts.
- Add butter to pan and sear the breasts on each side, not cooking through just developing a lovely brown color, brown food tastes better!
- Remove breasts to a prepped pan and place into preheated oven. Bake about 25 min or until THOROUGHLY COOKED THROUGH!
- Pour in Marsala or dry red wine of choice & capers. Scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon to release all the crunchy goodness below reduce heat to low and allow to reduce to 1/4.
Once Chicken is cooked through place on serving platter and
pour the Marsala sauce over top.
I like to sprinkle the top with parsley and serve with garlic mashed potatoes, or quinoa