Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Menu Mondays April 16-22, 2012

I have made home-made noodles lots of times, but the heaviness of ALL those eggs is off-putting to me plus the expense of making it with 4-6  eggs doesn't help a very tight budget. So I set off to"google-land"find a recipe that doesn't use eggs and uses plain old unbleached all-purpose flour & not some specialty flour.


 In the pursuit of an egg-less noodle recipe my family would let me introduce you to...The Egg-less Pasta recipe from "What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?" along with a recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese - Parmasio that uses nutritional yeast (I bought some and have only used it for popcorn, think it would help my family need more uses for it). I am going to give this recipe a try it looks "do-able" uses cheap ingredients I keep on hand in my pantry, plus I like the recipes from this blog, I might be trying more. I am also in the mood for some Svenska Kottbullar, Swarmas, and Mici....yum, yum a tasty cuisine travel around the globe!!


I have major surgery coming up very soon & I will be starting double my meals and freezing the extras for quick "heat and eat" meals...do you have one-dish sure-fire family favorites?


We love anything with cheeseburgers thought I would try the cheeseburger spaghetti, we usually have cheeseburg'n'fries casserole, so this might be a nice a switch,
and it is different enough I could make this along with the casserole dish. I will be making at least one to 2 
casseroles a week and making double freezing the extra.

Will post my plan for surgery post-op recovery, since it will be basically in the middle of the dog days of summer, I will making crock pot meal, kits, and marinades mostly. But since I might not be up to even dumping food into the crock or able to pull the meat from the freezer I will want at least 2/3 of the meals to be one dish complete meals in case I don't feel like making sides dishes.

Monday:
Repeats

Tuesday:

Romanian Grilled Minced Meat Rolls (MICI) W/French Fries & Roasted Veggie Medley

Wednesday:
Chicken Tacos, Yellow Rice, Loaded Veggie Salsa Mashed Potatoes

Thursday:
Surgery Day- Crock pot Meal
Swedish Meatballs (Svenska Kottbullar) w/ Home-made Egg-less Noodles Steamed Veggies and Spinach Salad

Friday:
Barb-B-Q Chicken Breasts w/Black beans and Quinoa & steamed broccoli

Saturday:
Cheeseburger Spaghetti  Roasted Veggies & Spinach Salad


Sunday:{This is soooooo good, my favorite MEAL!!}
Chicken Swarma w/thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, & pickles on homemade pitas made with ABI5MD master dough & roasted veggies & Middle Eastern Rice w/tartar sauce and Khalta Salata on greens

Linked to "I'm an Organizing Junkie" click here to see the other fabulous menus for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment