Loved this recipe I saw in a food magazine, but over the years I have tweaked it & adjusted it more to my family's taste.
We LOVE tacos, LOVE Cajun seasoning, & LOVE pizza this recipe combines all out loves into one dish...
Plus you can make this as homemade as you want or you can use convenience item.
- 1 Lb Pre-made Meatballs (or make your own)
- 2 Tubes Crescent Rolls
- *4 oz Jar of pre-made Salsa
- 1/2 head of Shredded Lettuce
- 2 C Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 4 oz Can of sliced black olives or pieces
- 1 T, divided Cajun Seasoning
- 1 C Sour Cream
- *4 oz jar of guacamole
- 1 16 can Refried Pinto or Black Beans
- 4 oz diced tomatoes
- optional 1 bunch cilantro & 1/2 lime juiced
* OPTIONAL Choices:
( You can also use 1 Packet of Salsa mix in place of jarred salsa for a more fresh taste- we like the mild but make this as hot as your family likes, just add the following and sprinkle the packet over top and allow to sit for 1-2 hours before adding to dish)
* 1 Packet of Salsa Mix
* 3 Roma Tomatoes
*1 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
*1 Limed, Zest and juices
*1/2 red onion sliced thin
(Can use 1 packet of guacamole in place of the jarred for a more fresh taste, just add the following and sprinkle the packet over top and allow to sit for 1-2 hours)
* 1 Packet of Guacamole Mix
* 2 Haas Avocados
* 1/2 Lime juice
* 1/2 Red onion sliced thin
- Sprinkle meatballs with 1 & 1/2 t Cajun seasoning and bake according to directions, drain of grease and allow to cool slightly
- Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible).
- Sprinkle 1 C Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend & 1 1/2 t of Cajun seasoning
- Bake according to directions and allow to cool to room temperature before assembling rest.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Fill the center of the pizza with re-fried beans, salsa, guacamole, (If using lime squeeze over guacamole), shredded lettuce,
- Garnish dish with rest of shredded cheese, dollop of sour cream, chopped tomatoes, & black olive pieces.
This looks so complicated and really has the wow factor, people think this was soo much work, kids LOVE it and I always get requests for the recipe.....ENJOY!!
Linked to Gooseberry Patch