Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Menu for Oct 14-20, 2012

It has months since I have planned my menu a week at time, if you recall I had major abdominal surgery on July 11, 2012 stayed a week and then 2 weeks later had another 7 day say because  a dangerous massive infection. I was so sick I couldn't even deal with the meals, so my church and family brought meals over for the first 4-6 weeks. Thankfully I made enough food to stock the freezer &  I still have meals or at least the protein portions ready for cooking/assembly for a few more months.

I am back on the "wagon" 
with planning menus for the week
even with the expensive part of the meals in the freezer ready, we have been spending way too much on groceries. I found a 6lb can of tomato puree for $3.59 so I have bought as many cans as I can afford. 

I tried to make meals around those cans, and make interesting at the same time 
then fill in the rest with meals I have in the freezer along
 with veggies and starches I have found on sale. 

Basically 
I am splitting the can into 3rds this week, won't be as much left over sauce but much more economical. 

Breakfasts Choices:
Cereal,  Fruit, waffles, pancakes, toast w/jelly, Smoothies, French Toast,Yogurt, Ham& Cheese Omelets, English Muffins.

Lunch Options:
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Ham Monticrisco Sandwiches, Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, Carrots & Dippings, Yogurt, Applesauce, Cottage Cheese, Fruit, Mini English Muffin Pizzas, Left Overs, Buttered Noodles, Meat & Cheese Plate Munchies.

Snack Munchies:
Protein Bars, Smoothies, Yogurt, Trisket Crackers, Cheese Chunks, Hummus, Bunny Cheddar Crackers, Cottage Cheese, Fruit, Baby Carrots & Dippings, Meat & Cheese Plate,  Granola bars, Fiber & Fruit Bars

Supper:

Sunday:
Crock Pot Carnitas, Salsa Potatoes, & Corn

Monday:
Baked  Chicken Parm Chef John Sytle & Pasta w/mushroom marinara sauce side (Mozzarella, Pasta, ) & salad 

Patates sto Fourn
Greek Stuffed Chicken from this site
 Tuesday:
Greek Stuffed Chicken 
w/ Patates sto Fourno,  (basically Greek Roasted Potatoes, sounds more interesting in Greek doesn't it?) & Humus w/carrots

Wednesday:
Crock Pot Beef Goulash (Beef Roast, Tomato Puree, Beef Stock, Paprika ) w/ Egg Noodles & sweet corn niblets

Thursday:
Coconut Chix w./roasted potatoes, garlic, & onions, plus steamed broccoli

Mongolian Beef




Linked to Menu Mondays
& Homeaking
Friday:
Mongolian Beef & Broccoli w/Rice

Saturday:
Homemade Pizza (Make AB5M/D Master Dough for Dough & Chef John's Sauce- Use Sausage, Mushroom, Pepperoni) w/salad & roasted veggies ( frozen from CSA share zucchinis & squash)

No comments:

Post a Comment