After making several batches of pitas
from my master dough I have used
AND made it a whole lot easier!!!!!
|Imagine found here|
will pinch off 2 portions-
"Bule" Master Dough
- Roll out in a rope, and pinch off 10-12 small pieces.
- Place balls on floured surface.
- Let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F-
- Make sure rack is at the very bottom of oven.
- Be sure to also preheat pizza stone.
- Roll out each ball of dough with a rolling pin into circles. Each should be about 5-6 inches across and 1/4 inch thick.
- Once placed in oven add 1/2C water to broiler pan to create steam
- Bake each circle for 4 minutes until the bread puffs up.
- Turn over and bake for 2 minutes more.
- Remove each pita with a spatula from the baking sheet and add additional pitas for baking.
- Take spatula and gently push down puff.
- After cooled, immediately place in storage bags.
Pita bread can be stored for up to a week in a pantry or bread box, and up to a month in the freezer.
Be sure to use THICK freezer bags when storing in the freezer.
I even will wrap pitas in paper towels
to prevent the ice crystals from forming
on pitas and making them soggy.