I have had this recipe for years and
it is such time saver, super savory, and a real crowd pleaser every time.
Your dinner guests will never believe this is such an easy recipe to make, no kneading required, just mix up and refrigerate. You can make ahead up to 4 days in advance, shape, then let rise and bake for perfect rolls every time!!
|Heat's Kitchen Awesome rolls from my recipe!! Gr8 Job Heather!|
Ice Box Dinner Rolls
Makes 24 Rolls
1 C warm water (105-115 Degrees F)
2 Pkgs Active Dry Yeast (Or 4 & 1/2t)
1/2 C Butter, Melted (1 Stick)
1/2 C Sugar
1 t Kosher Salt
4-4 1/2 C Unbleached All Purpose Flour
Additional Melted Butter
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes
- Stir in butter, sugar, and salt. Beat in Flour one cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix (Some of the flour make not be needed).
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days!
- Grease a 13X9" Baking Pan.
- Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 6 rows & 4 columns making 24 even & equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place in even rows in prepared pan. 4 Rows & 6 Columns.
- Cover and let Dough Balls rise until doubled (About an hour, I place my pan in my gas oven with heart off but light turned on.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake until rolls are golden brown about 15-20 min.
- Brush with melted butter, if desired.
- Break apart Rolls and wrap in a clean tea towel and place in a gorgeous hand woven basket or crock.