It contains only 5 ingredients and we all pretty much keep these on hand
- RAW MONO-FLORAL HONEY [OR you can use whatever honey you have on hand]- THIS is good For colds/coughs bc: it helps reduce coughing by coating and soothing an irritated throat, superior to conventional antibiotics in treating infections and without the negative side effects associated with antibiotic use, the bacteria-killing properties of honey increase two-fold when diluted with water,
- GINGER: according to traditional . It has strong yang energy and warms the stomach and lungs. The Chinese have been using it for 2,500 years to treat congestion as it helps to shrink the blood vessels in the nose, and for sinus pain and sore throat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): It has proven to help slow down mucus production, sinus problems and watery eyes because of the potent levels of potassium it contains, anti-bacterial, promotes proper body PH.
- Lemon Juice: Slows down mucus production, Lemon juice is very high in vitamin C and antioxidants. These properties are beneficial to the body because they build up the immune system to prevent illness and to fight off free radicals that can attack the tissues and organs.
- 1C Raw [Mono-Flora] Honey (We LOVE this White Gold RAW Honey)--**Can use whatever honey you have on hand, raw honey just has more benefits.
- 1/4 C Filtered Water
- 1/2" knob of Fresh Ginger, Peeled & Smashed
- 2T Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- Steep Knob of Ginger in VERY HOT NEARLY BOILING WATER covered for 10 minutes, allow to cool slightly but remain still hot
- Measure out honey, ACV, & Lemon Juice and pour water in last.
- Stir until completely combined.
We keep this in the fridge and keep as
long as you can keep honey, ours doesn't last any longer than the cough/sore throat does.
Since I am whip up a batch in less than 20 min
(LESS time than driving to store,
wait in check out line and drive back!)
and I have ingredients on hand at all times,
I never make this ahead!
I give in 1-2t does about 1-2X's/ every 2 hours.