Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Glazed Fruit Skewers & Salad in a Watermelon Bowl

I LOVE the look of the Fruit kabobs
I use them as one would a flower arrangement, 
it is bright & cheery... 
and KIDS LOVE THEM!!

The Glaze gives a nice shiny coating and placing the remaining fruit in a hallowed out watermelon gives it a festive look!


I use whatever fruit is fresh, looks goods at the store, and is reasonably priced
This time strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, cantaloupe, & watermelon.


For Kabobs/Skewers
I kept strawberries, red grapes & blue berries whole, used a melon baller for cantaloupe, & chunked the pineapple. 

Layered the skewers strawberries first, blueberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, then grapes. Brushed with glaze so the fruit stayed fresh looking.





I cut a head of lettuce in half and adjusted to bowl height to serve as a base for the kabobs to stand and at times I will used some decorative element to hide the lettuce base.




For Fruit Salad: 
I added watermelon that had been rounded with melon-baller and rest of kabob fruit and gently folded the fruit salad with a glaze.

Added fruit salad to half of a watermelon that had been hallowed out.


Glaze:
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh)
  • 2 tablespoons (fresh) lemon juice


Linked to Weekend Potluc

No comments:

Post a Comment