I LOVE this one particular garlic herb dip
from a popular home based dip and mix company
but it's loaded with preservatives...
SO I in search of a healthier alternative, I found this recipe for a garlic mayo online and tweaked it to make a dip and added some herbs....
This recipe fits the bill with fresh ingredients, no added preservatives, tastes even better than that other dip mix and just as intense with garlicy goodness!
|Place dip in a hallowed Yellow Pepper|
HMMMM, HMMM DELISH!!
- 3-5 cloves garlic (Depending on taste- we LOVE 5 cloves!!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup sour Cream
- 1/4C Fresh Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1 pinch or so
- 1/8-1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1/2 t Oregano
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
- Crush the garlic cloves with the flat of a knife, and remove the skin.
- Mince the garlic very, very fine.
- Add a pinch of salt, and using the flat of the knife again
- Scrap and press the garlic against the cutting surface to make a very smooth paste. It's making this paste from the fresh garlic that gives this dip its intense garlic flavor.
- Add the garlic to a small bowl, and whisk together with the rest of the ingredients.
Wrap bowl tightly or top with tight fitting lid.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Serve cold.
I Love to serve my dips in creative containers, like hallowed out produce.
The red and yellow peppers were so pretty this day so I hallowed them out and this pepper with it's little top & gorgeous steam it made such a fantastic lid to my delicious DIP!
SIMPLE, ADORABLE, & ONE OF A KIND DIP CONTAINER!!!
Linked to Weekend PotLuck