All weekend I have been using onion,garlic, and ginger poultices on the children,
|PIC From this site|
- Applying a light coating of EVOO on backs, chests, and feet. to protect delicate preschooler/toddler skin.
- I sliced an onion, smashed up 3 cloves of fresh garlic, and grated 3 T fresh ginger
- Placed in pan with a little water.
- Saute on low until veg starts to steam and very warm--do NOT over-cook, only open up juices and enzymes, really heating up a light simmer.
- Then I placed the mixture in a thin cotton cloth (old dipes not ever used as dipes, the old fashioned kind you had to fold into a prefold shape)
- Wrapping like a burrito.
I placed on back for up to 10-15 min as long as Kissi-cat let me, checking skin every 2min garlic can cause burns. I placed other poultices on chest and foot I placed a qt size freezer bag over to hold in place. Mini-moose wouldn't allow me longer than 2 min of application.