Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teach Me Tuesday: Medicine Cabinet in Your Refriderator! Egg whites for burns and Fever Reductions

This is a great remedy for reducing fevers and for burns, believe it or not! 
 Most times I allow fevers to take there course as fevers are your body's way of eliminating toxins, but there are times when I must reduce that fever rapidly, so I posting TNT remedies I have tried myself and on my family members: 

I have tried it on a bad burn I got from the oven, 
I also used a lavender and extra virgin coconut oil salve I keep in the kitchen for such things.  
The EVCO lavender salve numbs it instantly. 

 

 

 

 

The egg white remedy I got from  EHow



  • 4 eggs
  • 1 small white onion
  • 1 T. of apple cider vinegar
  • Socks
  • 2 washcloths or handkerchiefs- I used old diapers I only used for burp clothes not pre folds but the thin ones you would have to fold into pre folds, perfect texture for linnets clothes
1- Separate the yokes from the egg whites carefully and discard the yoke.  
2- Chop the white onion finely and mix the pieces into the egg whites.  
3- Add 1 T. of apple cider vinegar and stir gently.  
4- Soak the handkerchiefs or washcloths in the mixture. While a bit messy, you want the cloth to be dripping with the liquid allowing plenty of absorption into the skin. Be sure some of the onion pieces remain on one side of the washcloths or handkerchiefs.  
5- Wrap the washcloths or handkerchiefs around your feet with the onion touching the skin and place socks over the cloths. This natural remedy will quickly pull the temperature down to your feet, where it can do no bodily harm, naturally relieving a fever.

Monitor the fever carefully to watch for changes. Reapply the soaked cloths to the feet if the fever begins to return.

Tips & Warnings

  • Egg whites are also a natural and helpful way to reduce pain and scarring from burns. Coat the affected area with a light layer of egg whites, and reapply once dry. You will feel instant relieve from the heat of the burn.
  • If the fever reaches above 104 degrees Fahrenheit and does not break, see a doctor.
  • I would coat the foot in light neutral oil to protect a child's skin before I applied the mixture and wrap in plastic wrap to further press the cloth into skin and help with the mess a bit, 
  • Plus lay a towel under the feet to protect from egg white contamination issues even with socks on I would still lay a towel under the feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment