Back in March we were desieged with all kinds of sickeness, both kids had earaches left and right.
After my daughter woke up screaming one morning I went to the Medicine Cabinet in my pantry and to grab my EVOO, then I remembered I had made garlic infused EVOO and had it in my fridge, 24 oz to be exact...
|pic from this site|
I heated up a mug of water then placed a smaller cup inside w/a small amount of garlic infused EVOO, when it got to a nice temp I tested it on the inner part of my wrist.
Using a dropper I placed 1-2 drops it in my daughter's ear and did a lymphatic drainage massage
- within 5 minutes she was calm and wanted to sit up on my lap,
- within 10 min she was asking for some water to drink...
- within 20 she was up and playing with her dollies...
So began my first steps towards using alternative practices to help me kids
Lymphatic Drainage massage in for earaches:
- First, have the person lay on his or her side with the aching ear facing upward.
- Next put the ear drops (garlic oil, onion juice, colloidal silver, etc.) in the ear.
- Grasp the lower part of the ear and begin stretching and massaging it. This helps the remedy reach the eardrum and begins the process of lymphatic drainage.
- Finally, after a few minutes of massaging the ear, begin using a "milking" technique to increase lymphatic drainage in the neck and throat.
- Place your finger in the indentation just under the ear and behind the jawbone.
- Gently stroke the neck downward from this point.
- Gently massage the lymph nodes in the throat area, too.
- You'll know what they are because you'll feel hardened, lumpy areas in the neck and throat. These movements will dramatically increase the flow of lymph moving away from the ear.
- If the first round of this procedure doesn't completely relieve the pain, be patient. Just keep repeating the same process once every hour or so.