Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TEACH ME TUESDAYS: GARLIC OIL FOR EAR ACHES

Back in March we were desieged with all kinds of sickeness, both kids had earaches left and right.

After my daughter woke up screaming one morning I went to the Medicine Cabinet in my pantry and to grab my EVOO,  then I remembered I had made garlic infused EVOO and had it in my fridge, 24 oz to be exact... 
pic from this site
I heated up a mug of water then placed a smaller cup inside w/a small amount of garlic infused EVOO, when it got to a nice temp I tested it on the inner part of my wrist. 

Using a dropper I placed 1-2 drops it in my daughter's ear and did a lymphatic drainage massage 
  • within 5 minutes she was calm and wanted to sit up on my lap, 
  • within 10 min she was asking for some water to drink...
  • within 20 she was up and playing with her dollies...

So began my first steps towards using alternative practices to help me kids

Lymphatic Drainage massage in for earaches:
  1. First, have the person lay on his or her side with the aching ear facing upward.
  2. Next put the ear drops (garlic oil, onion juice, colloidal silver, etc.) in the ear. 
  3. Grasp the lower part of the ear and begin stretching and massaging it. This helps the remedy reach the eardrum and begins the process of lymphatic drainage.
  4. Finally, after a few minutes of massaging the ear, begin using a "milking" technique to increase lymphatic drainage in the neck and throat. 
  5.  Place your finger in the indentation just under the ear and behind the jawbone. 
  6. Gently stroke the neck downward from this point. 
  7. Gently massage the lymph nodes in the throat area, too. 
  8. You'll know what they are because you'll feel hardened, lumpy areas in the neck and throat. These movements will dramatically increase the flow of lymph moving away from the ear.
  9. If the first round of this procedure doesn't completely relieve the pain, be patient. Just keep repeating the same process once every hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment